Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Delicious and Healthy Quinoa Salad w/ Bell Pepper

This is one of the easiest recipes ever to make, and being that Quinoa is a super food and super healthy for you, I say you should give this one a try! Start off by bringing your quinoa up to a boil in salted water. It will of course vary on how much you are making, but anywhere from 4-6 servings would take about 15-20 to cook through. I roasted one green and one red bell pepper and then small diced them. I also took about 5 scallions and small diced them as well as one cucumber that also got small diced. You only need 3-4 ounces of each of these ingredients if that helps. I also had some dried apricots that I small diced for a little sweet component. Then I made a very light dressing that was just lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and sugar and a little fresh parsley and tossed the salad mixture in that. For presentation I served it in a piece of raddichio lettuce and topped it with a pinch of micro greens and one quartered tomato. Super easy, super delicious and so pretty to look at!

No comments:

Post a Comment