Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My first attempt at home made Sushi!

I have always been a fan of Sushi, never really thought or in all honesty even wanted to make it home! Thanks to this international cuisine class I just had to make it. It was my first time working with Nori which was pretty interesting. Being pregnant it of course sucked the fun out of having any real Sushi, but I still made an attempt with an all veggie one. I made several mistakes, one of which, my rice was a bit too tacky and made it a little difficult to work with. Another problem stemming from that was when I went to spread it on the Nori sheet, it was hard to get it to spread evenly, so I wound up with having a bit too much rice for my roll. Rolling it with the bamboo pad was actually quite easy, I can see with more practice I would be able to be  much better at it. As with anything else. My Nori sheet didn't connect around the first time, there was a gap so I had to try to roll it again and tighter. Needless to say I had to man handle it a bit so it didn't come out the most beautiful! I decided to try to make up for lack of technique with giving it a nice presentation. My chef said it made him want to eat it so hopefully it does the same for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment