Saturday, May 26, 2012

Russian Blini's topped with Sour Cream, Smoked Salmon and Caviar

I would like to start off by saying, Yes I made this! The recipe for the batter for these Blinis was very time consuming. I had to first make a "sponge" out of yeast and milk that sat for about an hour and a half, after that was done, I added the rest of the ingredients to the "sponge" to then make a smoother, pourable batter that also had to sit and double in size after combining. All in all it took a little over two hours to just make the batter! Sheesh!! Could you imagine if pancake batter took that long?? These little blinis looked just like little silver dollar pancakes, but tasted more just like a bread. They were not sweet at all which I think surprised some people who were expecting that by the look of them. The salmon was very simple, I cut small filet's and just made a stove top smoker, it  maybe took half an hour from the start of setting it up til the final product. I think this was a great and tasty little snack but I couldn't fathom spending that much time on it on a regular basis! I'm sure it becomes easier with time and practice of making it, either way it was tons of fun to make something I had never made or ate before!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment