Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lillie's Q, Wonderful Weather & My New Special Spot

I recently moved right into the Wicker Park and Bucktown Area. I live on Damen and I am surrounded by little restaurants that all look wonderful. Today I decided to venture out and try somewhere I haven't been before. The weather was perfect in Chicago today, sunny and warm with a little breeze.  My boyfriend Brian and I decided we wanted to go to Melt on Damen, I walk by it all the time and looks like an awesome little sandwich shop. We had to meet there so I left a little early and wound up going by Churchhill Dog Park and sitting on some bleachers in the shade. Listened to a little Lucero on my iPod, watched a Dad and his Son play catch on the baseball field and enjoyed the breeze. I think it was the most relaxed I've felt in a long time and will be frequenting that new little spot again very soon. 
    We showed up to Melt  and they were closing in 15 minutes, they had a  busy day and had ran out of a lot so we decided to come back another day and let them get out of there and enjoy the rest of their Sunday. So, Brian had wanted to check out a BBQ place on North called Lillie's Q so we went there instead. IT WAS AWESOME! Seriously, everything we had was great. We started with Oysters and Fried Pickles, the Oysters came with a super tasty spicy vinagarette and the fried Pickles, were as you can imagine, delicious! It's kind of hard to go wrong with fried pickles in my book but these were great, big pieces of pickle and the batter was awesome. I got the Pulled Pork southern style which is topped with coleslaw and he got the Beef Tri Tip sandwich. We split sides of Macaroni and Cheese and Collard Greens which were some of the best I've ever had. We finished it off by splitting an order of Banana Pudding. Not only did we have no complaints, it was all just awesome and a perfect place for a perfect Sunday afternoon. The staff was great, atmosphere was great and food was fabulous. I would say this is a place you must go!  www.lilliesq.com

No comments:

Post a Comment